Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Use Your Gray Matter

 The argument of the day appears to be whether people who have not gotten COVID 19 vaccinated should be forced to take the shot and secondarily if children should be required to wear masks at school. The volume and the verbiage are mostly a smoke screen, designed to keep your mind off the important matters of the day.

But behind all the smoke it really is important that each of us research, read, analyze the data and use the brains that God gave us to decide what is appropriate. I did my research and considered all options and have been vaccinated since February, and the sheer number of shots given versus the miniscule number of individual bad reactions support my decision to be vaccinated. I don't have any children of school age, but I'm amazed at the actions of parents who loudly refuse to assure that their kids are maximally protected while in a confined space with other kids. Their position just doesn't make sense to me, but I respect their right to act foolishly. And I also respect the right of society to think the issue through and logically agree to protect those who need to be isolated from the actions of others. 

Our creator gave us brains to think, and the ability to disagree while also giving us the ability to reason and cooperate. Now is the time to exercise that ability. 

No comments:

Post a Comment