Friday, December 24, 2010

Thoughts around Christmas

My Lady is at her new job and two thousand miles away so Christmas this year will be lonely. But it’s not the first time this has happened to us. I’ve spent holiday seasons on deployment and one year driving a truckload of household goods during a relocation move. But it still brings an ache to reach out to touch and remember that no one is there. At least we have the phone and the Internet to bring us together.

For the past week the weather weenies have been talking about the massive winter storm that was forming in the Pacific. After it hammered California it was supposed to come east and bring lots of snow just in time for Christmas.

The storm arrived as scheduled and deposited the much proclaimed snow to a depth of about a quarter of an inch. In defense of the weatherman I can only assume that it spent all its energy bringing floods to the California coast and multiple feet of snow to the mountains west of here. While I can have sympathy for everybody trying to dig out I’m happy that it won’t be me wielding a snow shovel this Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment